Skip to main content

2 ways to check status of your waiver application

Check status of your I-192 waiver application

If you've been patient enough to wait the 120 days since submitting your I-192 waiver application (application for advanced permission to enter the United States) there are a couple of options to get status. Keep in mind –  the Admissibility Review Office (ARO) states that a full review each submission can take up to a year – and requests for status updates may add to that timeline. Unfortunately, ARO doesn't respond to phone inquiries... or maybe they don't have a phone? Either way, they've limited us to the following 2 options to correspond:


And there is always the good ol' fashion way...

Postal:

US Customs and Border Protection
Admissibility Review Office
7th Floor Mail Stop 1340
12825 Worldgate Dr
Herndon, VA 20598-1340

Remember - you must allow at least 4 months from the date of submission before making an inquiry or they'll move your visa application to the bottom of the pile...


(this is an update to an older post)

Update: ARO is now requiring applicants to wait 5 months (150 days) before requesting the status of a waiver application. See this post: ARO: Now wait 150 days to check waiver application status

Comments

  1. How to find out if I have been approved or not it is one year but no reply please help

    ReplyDelete
  2. My father submitted in Jan 2016. He has already had his waiver renewed 2 previous times as well. We are still waiting for an answer. Is there a phone number we can call to check on the status?
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Check Your Waiver Application Status

I've never tried, but apparently there is an email address to check your waiver application status. CHECKING THE STATUS OF YOUR WAIVER REQUEST: Please allow at least 120 days from the date of submission of your I-192 before making an inquiry about the status of your application. As stated earlier, a full review of your circumstances can take up to a year, and requests for status updates may add to that timeline. However, if for some reason you are concerned about the status of your request, and you filed at a CBP Preclearance location or at a land border port of entry after August 26, 2007 you may ask for an update by emailing inquiry.waiver.aro@dhs.gov . In the email, be sure to provide your full name, DOB and your A number. If you filed at a land border port of entry prior to August 26, 2007, please contact them directly. Phone numbers are on our Web site. Attorney inquiries: attorneyinquiry.waiver.aro@dhs.gov If you have submitted an application and you have had a chang

Do you have an I-194 waiver?

Thanks to those who participated in my recent poll "Do you have an I-194 waiver?". It turns out that of those who participated over half have applied or intend to for the I-194 waiver (Advance Permission to Enter as a Non-Immigrant). It is also interesting to note that the amount that have 1 year or 5 year waivers are very close (3 to 4). I had read somewhere that the waivers were granted as 1 year or 5 based on the degree or seriousness of the past offenses. If this is true, then wouldn't a person expect that if he/she were granted a 5 year waiver, he/she should always expect the 5 year waiver? I'd be happy to hear your comments and personal experiences on this. Update: See  I-192 Waiver Application Process

I-194 waiver renewal - another 5 years!

Great news! Today in the mailbox, just 3 months and 2 weeks after submitting my I-192 application with a Saturday interview at the Ottawa pre-clearance facility, I received my renewal (my second 5 year I-194 waiver) . This second 5 year waiver once again allows me to travel to the US for business and pleasure (B1/B2) for a maximum period of stay as determined by the admitting officer (the CBP officer on entry) . Have waiver, will travel! See updated information about renewals:   I-194 waiver renewal recap